Follow Me On Facebook

Monday 8 July 2013

Butterflies in My Cards

Spent the last couple of days working on cards with butterflies. I really love this element in cards. They lend a touch of elegance. I am yet to own a cutting die for a butterfly. So worked with whatever I had available with me.

The first card is a very simple one and it straight away follows the following sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.









The digi in it is from Artfire and I think its lovely! I will be linking this one to the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #93 - A Sketch by Alisa.

I did the second one with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some paint. This is also a simple card with some washi tape, a flower and butterfly cut outs to complete the look. Will be linking this one to the Challenge#48 at CASE Study.




The last one is also a one layer card textured with a medium (some homemade gesso). The gesso recipe was shared by Pooja from Reusing With Quilling and man it worked wonderfully! Would like to thank Pooja a ton for it. After the applied medium dried, I stenciled out the butterflies and colored them with water color pencils.






And here's a snap with the flash on to highlight the sheen on the gesso.



The color inspiration was from the following photograph from Beyond Grey Challenges.



The sketch inspiration is from the following sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.




Linking the card to the following challenges:
BGC#34 - Photo Inspiration + Anything Goes
CAS(E) this Sketch#35

Thanks for stopping by,

Indrani

8 comments:

  1. Oh that is so unique ! Love how u highlighted the colors from the inspiration image !
    All the cards look gorgeous thanks for playing with us at BGC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Indrani , First of thanks a lot for the mention ,I am glad it was helpful.Your cards are just wonderful.Each one has some different technique ,All the Best for the challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved ur cards indrani... The card for BGC was my fave. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Indrani! Your cards just blew me away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such amazing technique! Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat work with the gesso!! And the colour highlights really make the colours pop! Loved it! :)

    Thanks for playing along at Beyond Grey Challenges #34

    Love,
    Nikita...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gesso !! I have been craving to try it out and your marve-ll-ous unique implementation drives me towards it more! Loved all the cards :)

    Thanks for playing with us at BGC#34

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice! I have gesso but mine has no sheen when dry. Will be trying this method very soon! Pretty cards! Thanks for playing along at BGC

    ReplyDelete