Follow Me On Facebook

Saturday 20 July 2013

A Marathon Of Cards

It has been 12 days since my last post. The last few days were not so good with my baby and me both down with cold and fever. Hence crafting was parked aside. But I am back with a bang now. Such energetic has been this comeback that I was on a card marking frenzy last night. When I completed the last one I checked the clock and found it was 5.30 in the morning! The night had just flown!!!

Here are the cards I was working on last night. This first one is an inspiration from Case Study's latest muse. I adapted the colors and the circular structure from the card to come up with mine. I cut out some oval shaped dies and inked the edges. With the same ink color stamped a heart image on each of them. I chose the heart stamp as it was the only one which was fitting into the oval shape.Not to mention, have set it on an embossed background. This one will be linked to their current challenge - Case Study#150




The second one would also be playing for another challenge - CAS(E) This Sketch#37. The challenge was to draw inspiration from the following sketch:


And this was my version:





The concept was very direct.I have stuck to the hexagonal shapes, colored them with some water color pencils and placed a quilled flower of the same color on each of the shapes. I really love the effect it has created.

The next card is a simple stamped card using some washi tape.




Then there was this card which i made with some cardstock and just two cutting dies. No stamps, no inks, no color digis, no color pencils. Just two cutting dies - I wanted to see what could be done quickly without any frills in around 15 minutes.Of course to add some interest to the otherwise staid look, I added two feather embellishments.




The last one is a card where I used a lot of elements- die cuts, stencil, border punch, handmade paper flowers, pearls and a digi from Sarah Kay. It's kind of the polar opposite of the previous card.







Hope you liked the creations. Do drop in your comments and suggestions. The one I liked the most? - The CAS card with hexagons and quilled flowers turned out to be my favorite!

Cheers,
Indrani

6 comments:

  1. lovely cards Indrani.... hope u n your baby are doing good now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Indrani ,you have made up for the short break with a fab post filled with wonderful creations !Loved the second one and last too more..the idea to add feathers is very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work, dear. Especially love the hexagonal card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you have been busy! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete